As spring quickly approaches, we know your next vacation is (hopefully!) right around the corner, and we’re here to remind you that Grand Cayman is the perfect destination for you and your whole family to enjoy! No matter your interests, The Westin Grand Cayman has the perfect adventure that will be sure to please any age group. Here are the top 5 reasons why our island is the ultimate family getaway this spring:
1. Sting Ray City: This world famous 12 foot dive site is an absolute dream destination. With or without snorkel gear, from as little as two to six feet of water, anyone can have the chance to spend some quality time with our friendly Cayman Island stingrays. Children can feed and pet them, an excursion that will please the entire family! The sandbank location is easily and quickly accessible with regular excursions from Red Sail Sports that pick up guests right from the resort!
For more information visit: http://bit.ly/1QE1T2r
2. Kite Fest: A public holiday that takes place every spring, this day of beach fun is a perfect activity the whole family will love! Take part in our Caribbean tradition and head down to Kaibo for the day! And don’t worry about packing a kite; they’re sold on the spot if you don’t have your own (and make for a memorable souvenir). Once equipped, you can either fly solo or enter the kite flying competition for a small fee of $5 benefitting ARK Charity, a local charity which helps better the lives of Caymanians. If kites aren’t for you, there are plenty of other activities taking place from kitesurfing to live music, so you’re sure to stay entertained!
For more information visit: http://bit.ly/1STV0Kw
3. Scuba Diving Adventures: It is no secret that the Cayman Islands are what divers’ dreams are made of. Whether you’re looking to take your first plunge or already have your certification, our pristine beaches are the perfect place to start! Our professional and experienced Red Sail Sports team will help you navigate the waters and teach you all the ins and outs to becoming a diving pro. Explore our marine life and get inches away from our reefs during your spring family excursion!
4. Westin Family Kids Club: Spring break is also the perfect time for parents to kick back and relax which is why The Westin Family Kids Club will make sure to keep your children entertained while you stretch your legs and enjoy a refreshing cocktail by the beach. Take advantage of our Saturday through Thursday kids day camp where our care takers will make sure to give your children all the adventure they need this holiday and allow you to take that much-needed time to unwind. From movie nights, to beach time and sea shell scavenger hunts, the ultimate island experience awaits!
5. Easter Brunch: Whether Easter is highly celebrated in your household, or you’re simply in it for the chocolate eggs, you won’t want to miss out on the Sunday brunch celebration that we organize every year. From bottomless buffet choices and exquisite island flavors, give your palette a taste of all your favorite brunch foods with our personal Cayman Island twist. We guarantee that every member of your family will find something to their liking.