In the event of a hurricane* on the islands of Grand Cayman, the resort will replace a guest’s vacation for the entire duration of the reservation. This guarantee applies to room and applicable taxes. This policy is applicable to transient reservations and groups as stipulated in their contracts.
The stipulations that apply are as follows:
- Replacement vacation must be taken at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa within one calendar year. Reservations for comparable accommodations will be made on a space available basis. Black out dates do apply (as determined in our sole discretion).
- Any commission owed to travel agents will be paid on the stay interrupted by the hurricane.
- Other expenses including, but not limited to, airfares, food and beverage, or chartered services are not included or covered by this guarantee.
- The guarantee offered by Starwood Hotels and Resorts is subject to change at the discretion of the operator at any time without notice.
- Guests holding confirmed and fully deposited reservations (and are within the non-refundable deposit window) that are unable to travel to the resort due to a hurricane* closing the Grand Cayman airport or The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa will be given the option of a full refund or a one room category upgrade, based on space availability, on their next visit to The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa within one calendar year.
*A hurricane is defined/validated by the National Hurricane Center, typically a tropical cyclone in which the maximum sustained surface wind is 74 mph (64 knots) or greater.